Zimbabwe Human Rights Association (ZimRights) is an indigenous non-profit, non-governmental organisation registered under the Welfare Organisations Act (no. 03/93). The organisation was founded in 1992 for the sole purpose of ensuring that the Zimbabwean citizens are informed about human rights and are empowered to defend their own rights.
"To be the leader in developing and sustaining a culture of human rights in Zimbabwe"
"To use a grassroots based approach in promoting, protecting and defending Human Rights in Zimbabwe through education, information, legal aid, counselling, lobbying, advocacy and networking."
• To lobby and advocate for the ratification and domestication of regional and international instruments
• To capacitate and uphold sound corporate governance principles in the organization
• To promote human rights awareness and respect for all with special emphasis on the marginalised groups
• To network with local, regional and international human rights organizations with similar objectives.
In pursuing its business ZIMRIGHTS adopted the following core values:
• Respect for human dignity
• Sensitivity for gender and marginalised groups
• Transparency and accountability
• Non alignment to political parties
• Confidentiality and integrity
• Commitment and dedication
• Team work